Two weeks ago it seemed like my little "cross-country tour" might be more of a ridiculous vacation. But wholly crap!
Over the course of the last week, we have been able to schedule screenings in Milwaukee are putting one together in Denver (both will be before the end of the month) and we're working on pulling something together in Michigan and Nebraska (where I may stop between Milwaukee and Colorado and where we have very interested but busy partners) in the very near future.
I know I'm the type to get easily excited about these things, but it seems to me that telling people about the action we have seen occur after an audience has seen the movie is really motivating people to join forces with us, and quickly.
We are working to compile a better list of the actual stuff people have done after being inspired by the movie and here's a quick list off the top of my head-
People who were inspired by PolyCultures have:
1. Driven from Columbus to the Cleveland to build a straw bale greenhouse.
2. Visited Great Lakes Brewing Company's Pint Size farm, in hopes to fund a grant
3. Worked with the City of Cleveland to acquire land on which to farm and build a business
4. Organized a group of friends, family or colleagues to watch the movie
5. Joined a CSA
6. Pushed to get healthier food where they work
7. Started a garden in their own yards
OK, that was without stopping. Please, let me know if you've been inspired to do something as a result of seeing the movie - or if you know someone who is susceptible to theatrical persuasion!